As my life's mission is to share Yoga with as many people who are open to it I am excited to start a regular Introduction to Yoga - 4 week Yoga course in 2018.
The course is specially designed with beginners in mind but it can be useful for anybody practising Yoga already as each teacher may teach you something from a new angle or it could be that you need to hear it several times before the knowledge becomes wisdom inside.
The suggested course guideline is the following:
- Belly breathing (calming breath)
- 6 movements of the spine
- Legs and hips joint cleansing sequence (including home practice video)
- Standing postures
- Practising safe forward bends
- Progressive relaxation
- Ujjayi breathing (igniting the fire)
- Agnisar cleansing practice
- Activating the core (including home practice video)
- Practising safe twists
- Introduction to meditation
- Kapalabhati breathing (cleansing the mind)
- Upper body joint cleansing sequence (including home practice video)
- Practising safe back bends
- Practising safe inversions
- 5 elements Mudra Meditation (including home practice video)
- Alternate nostril breathing
- Om (Aum) Mantra - further information blog on OM Mantra
- Sun Salutations (including home practice video) - further information blog on Sun Salutations
- Yoga Nidra - further information blog on Yoga Nidra
Price - £25 for block of 4 classes ( from which £1 is going to charity donation) or £7/class (from which 50p is going to charity donation). If you pay the monthly block and have to miss a class you are more than welcome to join the next course for that class (subject to availability). Minimum deposit of £10 is required to secure your place.
Students completing the introduction course can feed into regular group classes or a new group class can be opened for them depending on numbers.
Please spread the word with people who it may interest.
Thank you and looking forward to seeing you!
Courses run in February 2018:
UPDATE NEW DATES ADDED:
Suggested courses in May/June 2018:
Mondays 18.00-19.15 - 14th May, 21st May, 4th June & 11th June
Wednesdays 19.15-20.30 - 2nd May, 9th May, 16th May & 23rd May
Saturdays 9.30-10.45 - 5th May, 12th May, 19th May & 2nd June