This is a great article about putting Ayurveda in simple terms (click here to read the article by Sahara Rose Ketabi on Yoga Journal). Summarizing each of the Doshas and their characteristics.
My favorite bit is the 10 Things only a certain Dosha will understand, like
Take a Vata for example:
"1. You change your life's purpose more often than you wash your yoga mat.
2. Eating on a schedule reminds you of being in school - not gonna happen.
3. You don't understand how people get bored.
4. You plan you outfits based on how bloated you're going to be after eating.
5. You use your significant other's legs as a foot warmer.
6. You are pretty much guaranteed to be constipated your entire trip to Europe
7. You never met a creative task you didn't love
8. You have a really hard time holding still in Savasana and always feel like there are some extra poses you need first.
9. You have at least 3 projects going at once and couldn't imagine life otherwise
10. Your spirit animal is Prince" - (you need to read the article to understand that)
Oh the Pitta rang lots of bells for me:
"1. You wake up in the morning knowing exactly what it is you'll be doing at every moment, from your 10-minute mediation to the phone calls you'll check off your list while you're stuck in rush-hour traffic.
2. Coffee and chocolate are the fire that light your soul.
3. When it's lunch time, you gotta eat. You're known for getting hangry (hungry/angry) and can't deny it.
4. Summer without AC is your form of torture.
5. You're that person front and center in a yoga class taking every Plank during Child's pose.
6. You end up being the one who makes decisions in groups - otherwise nothing gets done.
7. You read Marie Kondo's Magical Art of Tidying Up and wasn't sure what the big deal was.
8. You go to the bathroom after every meal and don't get how people can got the whole day without it.
9. Your friends are super jealous - if you work out once, you have muscle definition the next day
10. Your spirit animal is New York City.
Any Kaphas reading this?
"1. People who wake up bursting with energy in the morning make you even more tired.
2. You aren't even sure what your personality would be like without coffee, matcha or yerba mate.
3. People with road rage make you laugh.
4. You'd rather lunch than lunge.
5. Your Sunday church? Namaste in bed - all day.
6. You can go the whole day without eating but once you start your stomach is like a never-ending pit.
7. You don't get how some people eat whatever they want and don't gain a pound.
8. You were basically born a Grandmother.
9. Networking events give you the heebie jeebies.
10. You can't leave a party without having someone spill their life story and thank you for your guidance and support."
Just reading these 10 pointers, which Dosha do you think you are? I for one am 9/10 for Pitta - I can live without and air condition just fine, but maybe that is because I live in the North of England :-).