Welcome to the
Yoga for Your Mind Workshop!
Saturday, 6th March - 3.00-6.00 pm
In this 3-hours online workshop we will be looking at stress, anxiety and depression from an Ayurvedic and Yogic point of view. Where does the imbalance come from, how can we start to release it, how can we make ourselves more resilient? Our mind is either our best friend or our worst enemy, let's make it our friend!
This is not a regular Yoga class. It is an interactive seminar where we will combine postures, gentle stretches, cleansing techniques, breathing exercises, meditations and relaxation as well as discussing how stress creates havoc in the mind and how can we become more resilient to it.
Booking is secured with full payment. Booking can be canceled up to 1 week before the event with full refund. Cancellations after 1 week before the event are non refundable. Please make your payment to:
If you are a new student, or have not registered yet online with YOGA WITH DORA I would like to ask you to complete a confidential health and medical registration form detailing your health issues, injuries and any medication being taken. This will allow me to give modifications in poses when required.
Once your place has been secured (by payment and submitting the registration from if required) you will receive an e-mail with the Zoom details and a downloadable Yoga for Your Mind pdf file.
In this workshop we will learn the following:
• Understanding the sympathetic and the parasympathetic nervous systems and how to activate them
• The difference between positive stress and negative stress
• Warning signs that stress is becoming a problem
• Observing where the stress can be stored in our body
• Learning cleansing techniques, breathing techniques and meditations to release stress from the body and mind effectively
• Practising Yoga Nidra, the yogic sleep -Yoga Nidra is a state of deep relaxation where the body is completely relaxed yet the mind is wide awake and we become aware of our inner world. We access our subconscious and use this state to implant positive thinking patterns, release bad habits, bring a quality into our life that we desire, heal an ailment in our body or advance our spiritual journey. Please read more about this Yogic technique in my Yoga Nidra blog post.
• You will also receive short videos of some of the breathing, cleansing and meditation techniques we practice in the workshop to be able to practice at home.
Looking forward to seeing you on the mat!