- Balances left and right hemisphere of the brain
- Lowers heart rate
- Relieves stress
- Improves lung function
Alternate Nostril breathing (4.02 min):
- Generates heat in the body
- Dissolves toxins and other waste
- Improves kidney and liver function
- Enhances blood circulation and digestion
- Rejuvenates the brain, energizes nerves
- Calms and uplifts the mind
Kapalabhati breathing (3.51 min):
Eye / Vision cleansing practice:
- Regular practice clears the physical vision, reducing the need for reading glasses
- Regular practice also clears our spiritual eye, making our perception of the world a more objective one
The videos provided on the website are for educational purposes for current students.
Please do not practice only from the video if you have not been taught the posture / technique in person in class. By using the website you are participating at your own risk.
- Please select the appropriate level of class for your experience.
- You are free to take breaks (rest in child pose) or omit poses or sequences that are not suitable for you.
- Make sure you practice with enough space around you.
- Wear comfortable clothing in which you can move freely.
- You should avoid any heavy meals for two hours before practice.
- Keep yourself hydrated before and after practice.
- If you feel dizzy, light-headed, faint or if you experience any other discomfort please stop the practice immediately and seek attention and appropriate medical advice
- Do not practice if you have an injury, feeling sick, pregnant, under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Yoga with Dora / Dora Longman will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of online videos or information shared on the website. This includes emails, videos and text. The information provided is not intended to replace medical advice offered by a physician, or other licensed health care provider and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Discuss this information with your own physician or healthcare provider to determine what is right for you. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions.