Updated: Jul 2, 2021
Are you a in your golden age and have been thinking about starting up, or restarting, a Yoga practice because you have heard of the amazing benefits but are not too keen to start in a big group or with lots of young bendy people?
Wouldn't it be nice to get all the benefits of stress relief, pain relief, better sleep, increased balance and flexibility, calmer mind and a lovely community in a small and friendly group with everyone in the same shoes?
As my life's mission is to share Yoga with as many people who are open to it I am excited to introduce this special course in July 2021 - Golden Beginners Yoga - a 4 week Yoga course.
The course is specially designed with golden age (anywhere above 45 years) beginners in mind but it can be useful for anybody practising Yoga already as each teacher may teach you something from a new angle or it could be that you need to hear it several times before the knowledge becomes wisdom inside.
If you are ready to take a step toward finding your inner and outer balance please contact Dora on 07496404677 or firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Suggested course guideline (the exact course would depend on the group's individual needs)
- Belly breathing (calming breath)
- 6 movements of the spine
- Legs and hips joint cleansing sequence (including home practice video)
- Standing postures
- Practising safe forward bends
- Progressive relaxation
- Ujjayi breathing (igniting the fire)
- Agnisar cleansing practice
- Activating the core (including home practice video)
- Practising safe twists
- Introduction to meditation
- Kapalabhati breathing (cleansing the mind)
- Upper body joint cleansing sequence (including home practice video)
- Practising safe back bends - Practising safe inversions
- 5 elements Mudra Meditation (including home practice video)
- Alternate nostril breathing
- Om (Aum) Mantra - further information blog on OM Mantra
- Sun Salutations (including home practice video) - further information blog on Sun Salutations
- Yoga Nidra - further information blog on Yoga Nidra
Students completing the introduction course can feed into regular group classes or a new group class can be opened for them depending on numbers.
Please spread the word with people who it may interest.
Thank you and looking forward to seeing you!
Dates: Monday 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th July 2021
Time: 9.30 am - 10.45 am
Location: Brantingham Village Hall
Price: £30 for the block of 4 classes