Do you find that dealing with stress is an issue in your life? Or would you just like to be more mindful and achieve a peaceful mind? This workshop is all about unwinding, letting the body and mind switch back into relaxation mode if it forgot how to.
In this 3-hours small group (maximum 7 students) workshop we will be looking at stress, anxiety and depression from an Ayurvedic and Yogic point of view. Where does the imbalance come from, how can we start to release it, how can we make ourselves more resilient? Our mind is either our best friend or our worst enemy, let's make it our friend.
In this workshop you will learn the following:
• The sympathetic and the parasympathetic nervous systems and how to activate them
• The difference between positive stress and negative stress
• Warning signs that stress is becoming a problem
• Observing where the stress can be stored in our body
• Cleansing techniques, breathing techniques and meditations to release stress from the body and mind effectively
• Practising Yoga Nidra, the yogic sleep -Yoga Nidra is a state of deep relaxation where the body is completely relaxed yet the mind is wide awake and we become aware of our inner world. We access our subconscious and use this state to implant positive thinking patterns, release bad habits, bring a quality into our life that we desire, heal an ailment in our body or advance our spiritual journey. Please read more about this Yogic technique in my Yoga Nidra blog post.
• Receiving short videos of some of the breathing, cleansing and meditation techniques we practice in the workshop to be able to practice at home.
You always wanted to give Yoga a try but afraid to make that first step in a big group? Or you find the big halls too cold in the winter? Come and join us for this small group workshop in Brough, where the maximum student per class is 7. Our studio is warm and cozy, with plenty of light and good energy, all mats and props provided. To aid deeper relaxation eye pillows, blankets and bolsters are provided making sure that you can relax fully at the end of class.
This is not a regular Yoga class. It’s an interactive seminar where we will combine postures, gentle stretches, cleansing techniques, breathing exercises, mudras and relaxation as well as discussing how stress creates the havoc in the mind and how can we become more resilient to it.
Location: Brough Date: Sunday, 10 March 2.30-5.30 pm Price: £29 Please contact Dora to book your space on 07496404677 As spaces are limited (maximum 7 students / workshop) your place is confirmed by paying the full workshop price.
For more information on workshops please visit the website - WORKSHOPS