Continuing our exploration of the 8 limbs of Yoga (8 limbs of Yoga blog post), according to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
We have so far covered the 5 Yamas (Yamas blog post) - the restraints, relating to creating balance in our external world.
The 5 Yamas are:
1. Ahimsa - non-harming, non violence - (Ahimsa, the 1st of the Yamas blog post)
2. Satya - truthfulness - (Satya, the 2nd of the Yamas blog post)
3. Asteya - non-stealing - (Asteya, the 3rd of the Yamas blog post)
4. Brahmacharya - moderation, right use of energy - (Brahmacharya, the 4th of the Yamas blog post)
5. Aparigraha - non-attachment, non-hoarding, non-greediness - (Aparigraha, the 5th of the Yamas blog post)
Moving on to the 5 Niyamas - the 5 observations or self training recommended to create balance in our inner world.
The 5 Niyamas are: