One of my Christmas presents this year was a diary - the Astro Moon Diary 2018.
I fell in love with it instantly! It has plenty of information on the Moon, Sun, rise and set times, Astrological sun signs, planets, aspects and much more. Plus it is a lovely diary.
Reading the first few pages I got excited about the New Moon wishes. I meditate regularly and set intentions and manifestations, but have not used the power of the New Moon consciously yet.
As it turns out the New Moon is the time to set your intentions for the month ahead and that goes triple at the start of the year. By getting clear on what you want, you will effectively be sending out arrows of desire that cannot help but start to manifest.
The first NEW MOON of 2018 is Wednesday ,17 January - 2.17 am, and it is a Capricorn New Moon
How can this help us? First let's talk about a couple of tips for New Moon wishing:
1. Make the wishes handwritten - this implies to all of your intentions actually, there seems to be a magical energy when you put your goals/intentions to paper (the diary has a specific space for this for each month)
2. Make you wish after the exact time of the New Moon, or up to 8 hours after (but maximum 48 hours after) - to complicate this a bit, if the Moon is void of course wait until she is in the next sign. For 17 January the Moon is void of course from 6.29-8.31 am so if you want to be really precise make your wish between 2.17-6.29 am or 8.31-10.17 am but I would not get too caught up about this)
3. Write down 1 to 10 wishes
4. Make your wish positive and clear (Sankalpha practices will come in handy here :-))
5. Tap into how it would feel to have the wish as already true. Really go into this feeling your wish as your reality.
6. Keep repeating your wishes every New Moon as some Moon energies may be more potent for your wish than others (more on this with the Capricorn energy) and revisit each month to check if your wish came through. If yes, thank the Universe. If not, revise them. How do you feel when you feel them as already coming true? Are you excited, anxious, or indifferent? Is it just an item on your list to make up your list but there is no real feeling attached to it? Are you too afraid of it coming true and you are blocking it? You may not believe that you deserve it?
Now a bit more about the specific things to look out for with a New Moon in Capricorn energy.
The main areas connected / ruled by Capricorn are the following, so any wish connected to them will be extra supported:
Improved leadership abilities, delegating and managing
Discipline or commitment you need to achieve your goals
Recognition for your efforts
Making practical decisions
Gaining perspective or objectivity
Improved relationship with bosses
Keeping promises or commitments
Finding or staying on track with your life purpose
Father or father figures
Yasmin Boland (Moonology) suggests the following action plans for the Capricorn New Moon:
◗ 1. Plan Capricorn is all about planning. Use this time to have a think about what you want to achieve this year. Capricorn teaches you to go slow and steady towards your goals, so check in and see how you’re doing with yours.
◗ 2. Be ambitious This is also a time to be very ambitious – very definite in your goals. Think about what you want to be known for. Capricorn is no slouch: it knows that hard work is the way to long-term goal achievement. Have you been thinking too rigidly? Use the New Moon in Capricorn to promise yourself you will replace rigid thinking with mature, tempered, strategic thinking. If you crave social status or recognition for what you do, this New Moon is the time to work on advancing yours, whatever that means to you.
◗ 3. Be kind One thing to be aware of at this time is that the Capricorn energy (which liaises with the serious planet Saturn) can be rather cold. Use the season of goodwill around you now, and the New Moon in Capricorn energy, to show someone how much they mean to you. Make promises you intend to keep. Show someone you’re in it for the long haul.
◗ 4. Cede control Avoid being controlling, though. Capricorn is a very tough sign in many ways. And like every other sign, we all have it in our chart somewhere. If you know you have a tendency to be unbending, harness the Capricorn New Moon and make a plan for how to change that. No one likes to be controlled.
◗ 5. Establish traditions Establishing a new tradition at this time of the year is a wonderful thing to do.Thinking about your reputation, and working on it, is also worth doing now too. Thanking your boss, or your employees, is also recommended.
Go ahead, make your wish! And then sit back and relax. Even better, take action to make them a reality!